Your car battery is the first thing you need to start the engine. Without it, you can’t move. So when the battery starts to go, what do you do? Bring it into Clare Automotive to assess your options. We can do a few things for you:
- Find the car battery you need
- Recharge the car battery
- Accept your old battery for proper disposal
Keeping an Eye on the Battery
It’s important to pay attention to your car battery to avoid being stranded. Simply giving it a look over can give a good indication if it’s still good. Any of the following means you will want to replace your car battery.
- If there is corrosion around the terminals or if the battery looks bloated, then it is probably time.
- If you have had the battery for more than three years, you might want to get the voltage tested. We can test your voltage for you.
- If your engine won’t turn over, you might want to take a look at the battery.
- If the engine does turn over, but the car won’t start you’ll also want to take a look at it.
- Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn’t, that could mean it’s going to go soon and you’ll want to replace it.
- Another easy way of telling if your battery needs to be replaced is if you simply keep having to jump your car. If the battery won’t keep a charge, then it’s time to get a new one.
Clare Automotive Inc.
Your Local Auto Parts Store
Monday thru Friday 8am - 7pm
Saturday 8am - 4pm
Sunday 10am - 2pm